Do you want to amp up your productivity at the office?
It’s time to get moving.
Movement increases your circulation and consequently the amount of oxygen that travels to your brain. Oxygen is key for good mental focus. Therefore, if you have a sedentary desk job, I encourage you to schedule time during the day to get your blood pumping.
Implement the following ideas and watch your productivity increase:
- Park your car far away from the entrance (unless you’re late, of course!)
- Bypass the elevator and climb the stairs
- Request a standing work station
- Use an upright chair without armrests, which will force you to sit up and engage core muscles
- Trade out your chair for an exercise ball
- Roll out your neck and shoulders at the top of each hour
- Take a short walk during your lunch break
- Jog the stairs instead of grabbing another cup of coffee